About the terms
Access to and use of ‘CarryShine.com’ is provided by the Pakistan Herald Publication (Pvt.) Ltd. [from now on referred to as ‘CarryShine’] on the following terms:
- Using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first site use. If you disagree with being bound by the following terms, please do not access, use, or contribute to CarryShine.com.
- CarryShine may change these terms from time to time. Please take a look at these terms every time you use this site. You can use CarryShine.com as updated or amended. If there is any conflict between any term herein and a specific period appearing elsewhere on CarryShine.com, the dispute shall be resolved in favor of the latter.
Use of CarryShine.com
- You’ll be able to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this site. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content, or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents, and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) in and on this website and all content (including all applications) shall remain vested in CarryShine or its licensors. You shall not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the content of this website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You won’t be able to adapt, change or create a derivative work from any website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the content of this website requires the prior written permission of CarryShine.
- The names, images, and logos identifying CarryShine or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights, and trademarks of CarryShine and third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any intellectual property of CarryShine or any other third party.
Contributions to CarryShine
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, or audio) with CarryShine, you grant to CarryShine, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants without any restriction (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for CarryShine services in any media worldwide. CarryShine may also share your contribution with other news agencies or trusted third parties in certain circumstances.
- I want you to know that the copyright in your contribution will remain with you. This permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way, including allowing others to use it.
- You confirm that your contribution is your original work, is not defamatory, and does not infringe any Pakistani laws, that you have the right to permit CarryShine to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 18.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with CarryShine.
CarryShine.com communities (including message boards) shall be used by the following Community Rules and the local house rules of your particular service, if any.
The following are unacceptable:
- Disruptive, offensive, or abusive behavior or material
- Unlawful or objectionable content
- Spamming or off-topic material
- Advertising or promoting
- ‘Spoilers,’ i.e., material that contains plot developments that haven’t been previously transmitted or published in Pakistani media unless submitted specifically marked as a ‘spoiler.’
- Inappropriate user names
- Posting of URLs (website addresses) unless allowed under any relevant local house rules.
- Misuse of the complaints facility
- Contributions which are not your original work; which infringe the rights of others
- Accounts not registered with valid personal email addresses are accessed regularly.
- The use of multiple logins to disrupt a community or annoy other users
- Attempts to hide the use of multiple accounts, pretending to be a Pakistani user, or attempting to disrupt any service in any way
We suggest you never disclose personal information about yourself or anyone else in any CarryShine community.
Consequences of breach of Rules:
If CarryShine believes you have breached any of the above Rules, CarryShine may use whatever information it is about you to stop any further breach. This may include informing relevant third parties about the infringement, such as your employer, school, or email provider.
CarryShine reserves the right to delete any contribution or take any action against any CarryShine account, at any time, for any reason whatsoever, without assigning any reason.
For users under 18:
You must get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before participating in any CarryShine.com community or making any contribution.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- Members of the public create most content posted on CarryShine.com community pages. Hence, the views expressed therein may not be those of CarryShine. CarryShine is not responsible for any content posted by members of the people on CarryShine.com or for the availability or content of any third-party sites accessible through CarryShine.com. Any links to third-party websites from CarryShine.com do not amount to any endorsement of that site by CarryShine, and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- All content of this website is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. CarryShine does not make any representation or warranty of satisfactory quality, fitness, non-infringement, compatibility, security, and accuracy. It does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness, or performance of the website or any content. While we try to ensure that all content provided is correct at publication, no responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate content on the website.
- CarryShine shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known, or otherwise): an (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this website regardless of the form of action.
- CarryShine does not warrant or guarantee that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that CarryShine.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to meet your particular data input and output accuracy requirements.
The failure or delay of CarryShine to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not amount to waiver.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted following the laws of Pakistan.
CarryShine Software House,
Canal Road, Faisalabad, Pakistan